Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Always Number #1

(I didn't put any picture up or video because I am blogging from my sidekick because my computer is fucking broken.)

So today I attended a class with the first year students. It was their English class and they were discussing about Tupac. When I first heard this I was like, "What the fuck! Why didn't I get a chance to talk about Tupac let alone write an essay about him." So this is what I would've wrote on him if I was in this class.

Tupac is my favorite rapper ever. What I like about Tupac is that he has so many different personalities. Many people say that he just raps about killing people or about money or fucking bitches. Now I ain't going to front and say that he didn't because he has rapped using those types of lyrics. But that wasn't the only thing he rapped about.

Perfect example would be the song "Changes," this song is really deep and touches a lot of subjects. Just this song talks about economic difficulties, racism, stereotypes, inner oppression, etc. One of my favorite lines in that song is, " I wake up in the morning and I ask myself/ is life worth living or should I blast myself," these two lines are so good that you can interpret them in so many ways.

Another song that shows a different side of Tupac is," So Many Tears." In this song you see a man who has gone through so many things. Also this song shows an emotional side of Tupac that many people don't notice. My favorite part of this song is where he raps, " Lord knows I... tried, been a witness to homicide/Seen drive-by's takin lives, little kids die/Wonder why as I walk by/Broken-hearted as I glance at the chalk line, gettin high/ This ain't the life for me, I wanna change/ But ain't no future right for me/I'm stuck in the game/ I'm trapped inside a maze." Just looking at these words you can see that Tupac wasn't into just rapping about money and girls.

I can give you so many examples on how Tupac was a very talented rapper and how he was a positive influence in so many other people. I feel like that other people don't really know what they are talking about when they diss Tupac in such a way. To me its like read the facts and do your research because he isn't the person where they showed him as just a criminal.

Alright, I'm done now. Just wanted give my thought out on this matter. Peace.

1 comment:

crystalgee said...

don't hate me, but.. honestly, i don't listen to tupac very much; i dont know why... i mean, there are a few songs that i like (mostly because of the lyrics) and that you can randomly catch me listening to.. but.. idk.. there's something about him and his music that keeps it from being something i enjoy listening to. i agree with the whole meaningful lyrics thing though. most def., he had some pretty good things to say. i guess i'd just have to sit down and actually listen to more of his stuff before i can come up with any worthy positive or negative criticism though can't really say much since i havent listening to many of his songs.

Followers