Friday, November 21, 2008

Two Solid Efforts



So yesterday I ended up buying two albums. One of them was one of the albums I previously listed on a blog, which was Q-Tip's album the Renessaince.
Now let me tell you something about this album, this album is hella dope. The best thing about this album was that once you buy it you get a free vynil record, which was a plus. But seriously, this album is so laidback and Q-Tip went back to his way of rapping. The single I love from this album is "Gettin Up," this single is so chill and I just love this album overall. The best thing that these rappers are doing now is having a smaller track list, where quality is much better than quantity. Big props to Q-Tip for going back to the lab and doing what he does best.
The next album I bough was 88Keys, The Death of Adam. At first I was really skeptical on buying this album because I haven't really heard much about this artist. But since I saw it there I was like fuck it just cop it, so I did, and I don't regret it.
Overall, this album is a very solid effort. I don't have much to say about this album, I could only say that this album is very original and in my opinion a little funny. Just going by the name of some of the songs, "Morning Wood, Stay Up (Viagra), and Ho' is Short for Honey," these titles just caught my attention and I just had to buy it because it just caught my attention.
Buying these two albums made my week, because nothing really happened. There are still a couple albums I need to get. I was very dissapointed that the Rasputins in Berekely didn't have some of the albums I was searching for. So for me the search continues, because I really need to get the new Alchemist album.haha

No comments:

Followers